The group is focused on following research activities:
- fabrication of porous Si and metal oxide nanostructures with high surface-to-volume aspect ratio
- investigation of structural, electrical and optical properties of nanostructured metal oxides and porous Si
- application of nanomaterials in sensors and biosensors
The group has been involved in national research projects:
- Investigation of optical, electrical and structural properties of hybrid structures nano metal oxide-porphyrin for optical sensor applications, project N 455, registration number: 0109U001928, 1 January 2009- 31 December 2011.
- Investigation of non-equilibrium processes in metal oxide nanowires, nanofilms, A2B2 compounds and dyes, project N 482, registration number: 0112U001737, 1 January 2012- 31 December 2014.
- Investigation of the phenomena of formation and degradation of nanostructured silicon surface obtained by metal-assisted chemical etching, project N 497, registration number: 0113U003066, 1 January 2013- 31 December 2015.
- Development of a new method of nanostructure silicon fabrication for sensors technology, solar energy and energy efficient technologies, project N 511, registration number: 0113U003080, 1 January 2013- 31 December 2014.
The group has participated as a partner in FP-7 projects:
- BIOSENSORS-AGRICULT (Development of nanotechnology based biosensors for agriculture, FP7-PEOPLE-2012-IRSES, contract nr. 318520, 2012-2016).)
- EECA-link (Promotion and facilitation of international cooperation with Eastern European and Central Asian countries, FP-7-HEALTH-2007-4.1-8, contract nr. 223359,2009-2011). Role: a principal investigator of Ukrainian part.
The group members have obtained following individual grants:
- Visiting researcher (Technical university of Karlsruhe, Karlsruhe, Germany,1-30 September 2003). (Dr. Roman Viter)
- Visiting researcher (University of Sannio, Benevento, Italy,1 October – 12 December 2004, 1 May-1 July 2005, 17 November – 10 December 2005, 1 May – 1 July 2006). (Dr. Roman Viter)
- Finnish academic grant for visiting researcher (University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland,1 March -1 May 2010). (Dr. Roman Viter)
- CIMO grant (University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland) (1 December 2009 – 1 March 2010). (Dr. Roman Viter)
- FOTONIKA–LV (FP7-Reg Pot-2011-1, contract nr. 285912) (2012-2015). (Dr. Roman Viter)
- Post-Doctorate researcher, Erasmus Mundus (Eminence) (NanoBioMedical Center at Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland,1 September 2013 – 1 August 2014). (Dr. Igor Iatsunskyi)